In life, but especially in business, time is a precious commodity, and marketing your brand can take up vast amounts of your time. You may be reading this article, because you have thought about outsourcing some of your marketing tasks already. When you decide to outsource your marketing to an agency, you’ll gain a range of benefits. Here are 10 advantages of outsourcing your digital marketing efforts we found on Entrepreneur Magazine:
1. Your marketing won’t suffer as a result of staff problems or annual leave - One of the keys to successful marketing is consistency. The problem, of course, is that marketers aren’t machines, they’re people and people need to take breaks. When staff are sick or on leave, or when a massive, all-hands-on-deck internal event throws everything else off track, marketing suffers. A great example of this is content production. You can’t suddenly stop blogging for a few weeks over the festive season. If you do, Google will notice and your organic rankings will take a hit as a result. Opting to use an agency means that you never have to worry about staff leave or gaps in delivery. To put it bluntly, that’s their problem.
2. You get the services of a team of experts - Your employees have salaries, so instead of coming up with a payroll for one person, you will be paying a team of experts in marketing who will research, create and implement marketing strategies that work. Essentially, you are paying for results and way more affordable than an employee.
3. You get outside insight on your business - Working on your company day in, day out gives you the chance to understand your business more, but there is always something that is lagging. For instance, figuring out what brings your site visitors, and knowing what to optimise for your business to grow might be blurry to see. Hiring an outsourced marketing expert can give you a new perspective of how to approach your marketing today.
4. You are assured of a return on investment - When you hire a marketing expert, you are sure your funds will be invested properly. Since the marketing specialist’s focus will be on leads, they will certainly spend time making sure you get the results you paid for, plus more. This helps you save time and money, while growing your business with experts.
5. You are attuned to the latest industry updates - Since marketing experts spend most of their time learning new skills and improving on existing techniques and strategies, it's fair to say they keep up with the ever changing and growing digital marketing arena. With industry connections like these, it's easy to get help when a big and important change is about to take place in the industry at large.
6. You get to focus on the core of your business - The outsourcing of marketing is mostly considered by companies who wish to keep the process independent from the core of the company. This helps them throw ideas around and develop better strategies that are not clouded by the company itself. With the right information and access, your marketing agency can plan, develop and execute on strategies that yield results. The key here is to trust the company you hire and making sure you receive reports and live status updates on projects.
7. You can count on ongoing optimisation - This is true, because, well, your marketing agency needs to constantly prove ROI by delivering on proposed end goals– or you might cancel your retainer! They’re genuinely interested in, and committed to, continually optimising your strategy for best results. Outsourcing your marketing means there’s less risk of stagnation or neglect.
8. You get to do more with less - Handling your marketing in-house might make it tough to use all the channels available to grow your business. You might need help with campaigns, email lists, social media campaigns, but with one in-house employee- it's practically impossible to create all this content. Outsourcing can let you use multiple marketing channels with ease. You can hire a graphic designer to update your website, a copywriter to handle your blog or email newsletter, and a social media expert to automate your platforms. With a variety of outsourcing services available, you can turn over single campaigns, specialised services, or even entire marketing functions to a capable third party.
9. You’re working with people who’ve been there, done that - Marketers have experience and are experts in their field. Most agencies specialise in marketing for certain industries, types of clients, or specific locations, and have a resource section full of case studies to prove their expertise. What’s better than working with people who already know the best way to achieve results for your business?
10. You get access to the latest technology - Marketing departments are often technology-deprived, or they have a mixed assortment of incompatible marketing technologies. While companies have access to over 4,000 marketing technologies available to them, how do they know which ones to pick? And it’s often the case that marketing organisations are at the bottom of the IT department’s priority list, so there might be a lack of support and guidance. A performance-based marketing agency that can provide you guidance as well as implementation service and support are extremely valuable.